Visual Art is an integral part of marketing in our society. Every television or print advertisement you watch, billboard you see, website you open, magazine you read, packaged product you buy, clothes that you wear, photographs or paintings against your wall, sculptures you admire . . . was created by a visual artist. Digital media and advertising, as well as the Internet, are powerful forces in society and have a strong influence on consumer behaviour. That is why there is such a need for skilled and creative visual artists.
Job prospects in the fields of Visual Arts are constantly increasing due to:
- The explosion of eMedia and popular culture, as well as the revolution in electronic communications, multimedia and entertainment sectors
- Producers of information, goods and services are putting increased emphasis on the visual appeal in advertising, marketing, product design, packaging and entertainment.
To this end, VSS offers:
- Diploma: Visual Arts
- National Qualifications in Photography, Visual Arts & Interactive Media
- Skills Programmes (part qualifications) in Photography and Design
- Short Courses
- Masterclasses / Up-skilling Courses.
With VSS qualifications you can follow a career as:
- Photographer, Designer or Layout Artist for newspapers and media agencies, for example advertising agencies, web site developers, publishers, to name but a few
- Self-employed freelance Photographer or Designer and Entrepreneur in a multitude of disciplines and industry sectors
- Technical assistant providing support for laboratories and printing companies.
- Digital operator in the Interactive Media Industry
- Enter the word of science and information photography.